Ikore is an international development organization, offering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities.
Our expertise is in Development Consulting, Research, Business Advisory and Enterprise Development across various sectors, using multiple approaches and covering several components. We facilitate market inclusion for improved productivity and a bumper harvest through capacity building, business model/strategy advisory, market linkages, social enterprises, and research.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Intern / Corp Member
- We seek to employ a dynamic and innovative person who has experience working in different Value chains across Nigeria and Africa. Someone who can work collectively with host communities, design home-grown solutions that improve the livelihood and resilience of the communities.
- Maintain hardware, software, and other systems.
- Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support with equipment like printers, computers and servers.
- Organize and maintain IT resources.
- Assist on network infrastructure administration, updating network asset and diagram.
- Web content management and corporate website platform.
- ICT assets management and record keeping.
- Oversee all aspects of site development, including requirements gathering, creation of new sites and data input.
- Ensure that information and communication technology (ICT) equipment is in good working condition and assist with maintenance and minor repairs.
- Develop incident response procedures and assist with business intelligence development activities
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone).
- Setting up accounts for new users.
- Setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Stays updated regarding new technology through industry news.
- Undertake any other task as determined by the office.
Required Skills and Experience
- Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems major.
- Corp member based in Abuja.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Competency in the maintenance of inventory records of computer hardware and software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and a user of Microsoft Office productivity tools.
- Experience in managing and updating website content.
- Knowledge with network design and network monitoring systems.
- A keen eye for detail
- Proficient in database programming and software installation.
Application Closing Date
6th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Application Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
using “IT Intern” as the email subject line and include salary expectations in yourapplication letter.
Note: Applications will be reviewed and online interviews will be conducted with selected candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.